– Weehawken softball tournament raised $3,500 in funds for autism research; baseball tournament raised $3,120.
– Votes on resolution items from agenda
– Properties declared Abandoned :
- 191 Hackensack Plank Road
- 603 Gregory Avenue
- 592 Gregory Avenue
- 67-69 Chestnut Street
Privilege of the Floor:
– Gregory Avenue repaving and sidewalk replacement still not done; improvements will take place “around memorial Day” (Mayor Turner).
– When was lead last tested in Weehawken schools, and what were the results?
- High School just tested six weeks ago, passed
– Current Weehawken video policy is unlawful, per NJ Supreme Court ruling on Tarus vs. Borough of Pine Hill (2007)
- The board cannot restrict the number of non-obtrusive recording devices
- The board cannot demand prior notice for use of non-obtrusive recording devices
- There is no right to privacy at public meetings
- The board cannot restrict recording of conversations that happen at public meetings
- Each person has a right to record – the right to record cannot be limited based on another person’s right to record
– Mayor Turner’s response – “we’ve never stopped anybody from taping in the past”.